Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hairstyles: Curlformers.....again

I decided to try Curlformers once again now that I'm fully natural. The last time I tried them was pretty early on during my transition so I thought it was time to explore again. To be honest I wasn't happy with the results. Once I separated the curls I just didn't like how my hair looked so it felt like I totally wasted the day before doing my hair.

I applied the Curlformers to wet/damp, freshly washed and conditioned hair. The only products I used were Kinky Curly's Knot Today leave in detangler and Curling Custard. Also I kept a spray bottle of water to use when my hair got dry. Based on these results I probably won't use Culformers again which is unfortunate because I really liked the outcome the last time. I'll probably just end up pulling my hair back into a curly poof/ponytail for the time being.

Here are a few pictures (some of them are out of order but you get the idea):





After removing the curlers.




After separating the curls. It looks okay but I didn't really like it.




I was really hoping for a silkier look to my curls but that didn't really happen.


No comments: